Please send your publishing proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the number of unsolicited proposals we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of every one individually. If your proposal is of interest we will be in touch with you to express interest and give feedback before the proposal goes out for external review. If you have not heard from us after four weeks, please assume that your proposal has not been successful on this occasion.
Provisional book title
Provide a provisional title for the book.
- Address, telephone number and email
- Current position
- Please attach a short author biography or a link to a web page containing the relevant information.
- What will the book be about and how is it original?
- What will its main argument be?
- How is the book relevant to Africa?
- A 200-word summary of the book that might be used for marketing and back cover purposes.
- Provisional table of contents.
- Short descriptions of the contents of chapters.
- Provisional number of words you expect the final manuscript to be (including bibliography and footnotes/endnotes).
- List of figures, tables and illustrations.
- Provisional manuscript submission date.
- Details of any deadlines we should be aware of such as a conference, meeting or funding deadline.
Readers and marketing
As the author/editor, you have valuable insight into the readership and markets for your book. Please provide as much detail as possible about the prospective markets for your book.
- For whom is the book intended? Please be as specific as possible, outlining the primary and secondary readerships and, where relevant, giving examples of courses/disciplines/research for which the book might be particularly suited.
- Are there any existing books that compete with this one, and how will this book differ from the competition?
- Are there any existing books that complement this one, and how will this book add to what has previously been published?
- How can you help to promote and market the book?
- Has any or all of the work been published before? If so, please give details.
- Have you submitted the book to any other publishers?
- In what format will you supply the final manuscript?
- Will the final manuscript have been copy-edited?
- What referencing style did the authors follow?
- Who is the copyright holder of the material?
- Is there any financial support for the publication?
- Please suggest three possible reviewers.